Facial Cosmetic Procedures
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are experts in face, mouth, and jaw surgery. This means our talented doctors are the best specialists to consult for any cosmetic surgery from the neck up.
Our surgeons are well trained and highly experienced in procedures involving the aesthetic and functional aspects of the face and neck. Their extensive education and training in surgical procedures of the soft (skin and muscle) and hard tissue (bone and cartilage) make our oral and maxillofacial surgeons acutely aware of the need for harmony between facial appearance and function.
We offer many facial cosmetic procedures that are minimally invasive and can be performed in our practice using local and/or intravenous anesthesia for a calm and comfortable experience.
Here are a few of the procedures we offer in the comfort of our office:
- Facelift: provides a more youthful appearance by tightening facial skin, muscles and removing excess skin. A mini facelift procedure is a minimally invasive technique that can utilize smaller incisions for a quicker recovery.
- Blepharoplasty: removes fat and excess skin from the upper and lower eyelids. This procedure can be done alone or in conjunction with other facial surgery procedures such as a facelift or brow lift.
- Brow Lift: often done in conjunction with blepharoplasty, this procedure improves brow positioning, minimizes frown lines and reduces forehead wrinkles.
- Sub-mental/chin liposuction: is a procedure to treat the area under the chin and the front neck to provide more definition to the jawline.
- Buccal fat pad removal: a common facial cosmetic procedure that is performed to slim the cheeks or face with no scars.
- Cheek augmentation (cheek implants or fat transfer/fillers): a procedure that creates the appearance of higher, more prominent cheekbones and better facial balance.
- Chin augmentation (genioplasty, chin implants): a procedure that increases or reduces the length and projection of the chin.
- Otoplasty: a procedure that is usually performed to set prominent ears back, closer to the head, or to change the shape/reduce the size of large ears.
- Rhinoplasty: a functional and cosmetic procedure performed to improve breathing, alter the appearance of the nose, or both.
- Minimally invasive cosmetic procedures
– Repair of split earlobes or reconstruction of elongated earlobes
– Botox: can reduce the signs of aging by reducing the muscle activity and wrinkles of the face. It is especially effective in reducing frown lines, horizontal lines on the forehead and softening the crow’s feet region.
– Fillers: are synthetic or naturally occurring materials that are placed with small needles to plump wrinkles, furrows or grooves in the skin.
– Chemical peels: involve the application of a solution that causes the wrinkled or damaged top layers of skin to peel, revealing new, healthier skin after healing.
To learn more about these procedures and to determine whether you are a candidate for cosmetic surgery, please schedule a consultation with your oral and maxillofacial surgeon.